a) Gorillaz Do Ya Thing 10". Limited to just 500 copies, this 10" features the unreleased 13 minute full version of the track that also features Andre 3000 and LCD Soundsystem. Fans of Blur, Outkast, Gorillaz and LCD Soundsystem should want to add this to their collection. Plus, with Universal buying Capital/EMI, and the confusion of distribution and you get an item that will be a nightmare to find, but will be highly collectible.
b) The Pearl Jam side project set of releases. Pearl Jam is already a highly collectible band. This year for Record Store Day, sees 4 separate releases each more limited than the next. Getting a complete set will take effort and luck. These items are:
- Eddie Vedder Love Boat Captian (LIVE) b/w Wishlist (LIVE) 7" (1500 copies only)
- Brad Waters Deep b/w Pressure is On (2 new tracks on transparent 7"--1000 copies only)
- Po & The 4 Fathers Kingdom Come (vocals by Eddie Vedder) b/w Do Da (guitar by Stone Gossard) (600 copies only)
- Mike McCready & Star Anna Keep On b/w Call Your Girlfriend (300 copies only!)
d) Sigur Ros Hvarf/Heim (150g colored vinyl, 1200 copies only). First time on vinyl for this release from this highly collectible band. Not being released overseas means a majority of their fans will have to resort to Ebay to add this to their collection.
e) Death Cab for Cutie Codes and Keyes Remix LP (400 copies only, each numbered). For fans who liked either the new album or the remixed album. Regardless, this will move up to become one of the rarest Death Cab items released in their discography.
f) Wilco The Whole Love Deluxe Box (300 copies only). Originally available through Wilco's website, this deluxe version includes the Whole Love LP, the Speak Into the Rose 10", the 7" (blue or clear vinyl--random) and a slipmat housed in a nice, slide-out box. Wilco fans are crazy and those that missed out on this online, now have another chance to grab it, provided your store is lucky enough to get it.
g) Coldplay Up With the Birds b/w UFO 7" (1000 copies only) See the Gorillaz example above. A lot of stores will have problems getting this. Plus, this is the first participation in Record Store Day for a band with a worldwide following (think how crazy U2's Live release was for Black Friday 2010 and you can get an idea).
Other items that I think will also be in demand:
- Phish Junta (Pollack Edition)
- Electronic Anthology Project featuring J Masic on PURPLE VINYL (500 copies)
- Hey Mercedes EP
- Minus the Bear 7"
- Anything by Revelation or Victory Records
- Misfits Walk Among Us LP on Clear Vinyl (500 copies)
- Social Distortion Hard Times & Nursery Rhymes LP w/autographed poster (750 copies)